How to use a moka coffee pot
Known as a moka pot or Italian coffee pot or simply a percolator, it is normally used to make espresso coffee, but can be used to make a normal cup of coffee.
To use one....
- Unscrew the top from the bottom.
- Remove the metal filter that sits in the bottom section.
- Fill the bottom section with water, up to the fill line.
- Fill the filter with ground coffee.
- Place the filter in the bottom section.
- Screw the top section on.
- Put the pot on the stove.
- When you hear it make gurgling sounds, it has finished percolating your coffee. Take it off the heat immediately.
Use finely ground coffee to make espresso. Use course ground coffee for a 'café Americano' (normal) type coffee.